B5 Speech and language therapist
Recruiting now for enthusiastic Speech and Language Therapist to join the Adult Speech/Children’s speech and Language Therapy team. Ongoing month to month contracts, full & part time hours available.
The role will involve working within outpatient and community settings, with patients requiring treatment for communication and voice therapy. Working with adults who have a range of acquired and long term conditions in both acute and community settings. Ongoing month to month basis, full & part time hours.
HCPC and RCSLT registration required.
Must be highly motivated and able to provide specialist Speech Language Therapy to adult patients with a wide range of acquired communication difficulties.
You will require an up to date knowledge of current national guidance and be able to demonstrate evidence based practice. You will also need to be an excellent communicator, willing to work flexibly and have the skills to work with other health professionals.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Independently undertake assessments and goal-driven rehabilitation to improve functional ability
- Confidence and social integration of patients.
- Manage and prioritise own caseload and evaluate progress
- Contribute to team and service development projects and take responsibility for delegated tasks
What you'll do as a Speech and Language Therapist:
You’ll see a huge variety of patients and help them with many different issues as a speech and language therapist. Some examples of things you might work on include:
- helping adults and children with learning difficulties communicate with others
- helping people overcome their stammering
- helping adults with speech difficulties as a result of head, neck or throat cancer
You may also work closely with teachers and other health professionals, such as doctors nurses and psychologists. They may also supervise the work of speech and language therapy assistants.
NLG is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client about this vacancy.
To be successful in your application you must have the following qualifications/experience:
- Degree or diploma in Speech and Language Therapy recognised by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Registered member of the Health Care Professions Council (H.C.P.C.)
- Registered member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Experience of working as a member of multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to travel in the community to deliver services in areas not accessible by public transport.
- Experience of working with adults with communication or eating and swallowing problems and other cases.
- Experience of working with children with hearing impairment and other cases.
This job is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975. As such it will be required for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB), to check for any previous criminal convictions that do not meet the previous offences filtering process.
Excellent pay rates: (depending on sector, shift, and grade)
“Equality of opportunity is our policy, irrespective of age, disability, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation”
NLG Health is a leading UK healthcare agency.
We place health and social care professionals across the UK. With thousands of shifts being completed on a weekly basis.
For more information about working with NLG in this role (or any other), please contact us now and we’ll get back to you. And if this isn’t the right job or it’s not the right location for you, please do get in touch with us anyway as we have many other opportunities across the region.