Registered General Nurses (RGN) - Bands 5 & 6
Due to our rapid and exciting growth we are looking for Registered General Nurses (Bands 5 & 6) to help fill hundreds of positions throughout the Barnsley area, we have multiple and varied shifts covering full-time and part-time hours which include both days, nights and weekend work available.
NLG Health is a national framework approved staffing agency, we offer you the flexibility to choose the regularity of your shifts, whether you’re looking to work a couple of shifts a week alongside your permanent job or looking to work full-time hours. In return, you’ll be valued and respected for your professionalism and expertise, feeling fulfilled by the knowledge of a job well done.
RGN Duties include:
- To act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Ensure appropriate and safe care of the patient during their stay on the ward.
- Assist in development and maintenance of ward standards and participate in the audit process.
- Ensure accurate documentation of patients’ care and progress maintained.
- Be conversant with and comply with local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain good communication and excellent working relationships within the department, hospital and outside agencies.
- Participate in the ordering and maintenance of ward stores and utilise effectively.
- Accept delegated responsibilities from senior staff in their absence and at other times as required, and coordinate the ward effectively.
- Perform any other relevant duties after a suitable training period in compliance with the NMC Scope of Practice and your sphere of competence.Ensure compliance with health & safety legislation.
- Document thoroughly and inform management of any accident or complaint and ensure that steps are taken to prevent recurrences.
NLG is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client about this vacancy
This nursing job requires you to be responsible for assessing patients on general medical and surgical wards; planning and implementing care for adults, providing specialist advice and maintaining associated records and carrying out specialist nursing procedures when required.
You will be a Registered Nurse (RGN/RN) that is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). It is essential that you work within codes of practice and professional guidelines and be able to communicate health issues efficiently and courageously.
You must currently be living in the UK, have effective communication skills, excellent attendance record as well as the ability to work under pressure. In addition to this, it is essential that you have a minimum of 6 months previous work experience within acute healthcare setting with the ability to provide two professional references are necessary.
This job is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975. As such it will be required for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB), to check for any previous criminal convictions that do not meet the previous offences filtering process.
Excellent pay rates: (depending on sector, shift, and grade)
We also offer:
- An app to update availability, Pickup shifts, and access your upcoming shifts
- Clinical and operations support 24/7
- Free mandatory training courses
- Revalidation support for Registered Nurses
- Frequent weekly payroll service
- Fast-track registration
- "Refer a Friend" scheme where you can earn cash rewards for referring your colleagues/friends
“Equality of opportunity is our policy, irrespective of age, disability, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation”
NLG Health is a leading UK healthcare agency.
We place health and social care professionals in NHS trusts and private sector organisations across the UK. With thousands of shifts being completed on a weekly basis.
For more information about working with NLG in this role (or any other), please contact us now and we’ll get back to you. And if this isn’t the right job or it’s not the right location for you, please do get in touch with us anyway as we have many other opportunities across the region