Operating Department Practitioners (RODPs) - Bands 5 & 6
Due to our rapid and exciting growth, NLG are currently seeking to attract experienced HCPC Registered Operating Department Practitioners (RODP's) to help fill positions in the Doncaster area, we have multiple and varied shifts.
NLG Health is a national framework approved staffing agency, we offer you the flexibility to choose the regularity of your shifts, whether you’re looking to work a couple of shifts a week alongside your permanent job or looking to work full-time hours. In return, you’ll be valued and respected for your professionalism and expertise, feeling fulfilled by the knowledge of a job well done.
Operating Department Practitioners Duties include:
- Prepare an operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum. In the case of anaesthetics ensure all necessary and emergency equipment is available and in working order.
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
- Act as preceptor for student ODP’s, learners, junior nurses and HCA’s, where appropriate and participate in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skill
- Run a theatre list without supervision and supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Perform scrub, circulating and anaesthetic duties
- Organise own time and be responsible for appropriate delegation of staff and duties.
- Maintain effective channels of communication at all times.
- Comply with policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incidents Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
- Report all accidents and untoward incidents to senior staff and complete electronic reporting system.
- Act as specialist/link person having undergone the relevant training sessions in your area of expertise.
- Deliver patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research-based clinical practice.
- By precept and example, to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required.
- Understand and apply a holistic patient centered care approach, identifying and taking into account specialist clinical needs while the patient is in the Day Case Unit.
- Work within a flexible working roster, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff for the patient’s requirements.
- Participate in the on call rota to provide a telephone helpline.
To work as a Operating Department Practitioner in the NHS, you must have/be:
- Minimum of 12 months current clinical experience
- Active HCPC Registration
- Proficient in all aspects of ODP work (Anaesthetics / Recovery)
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to adapt to different hospital or clinic environments
- Flexible and reliable
- Have a Diploma in Operating Department Practice, RODP with NVQ in Operating Department Practice or City and Guilds Certificate 752 in anaesthetics and surgery or an equivalent professional qualification as a operating theatre practitioner and experience of working in multi speciality, multidisciplinary teams.
- You will also be caring, compassionate and have a commitment to helping people.
Successful candidates will currently be living in the UK, have effective communication skills, excellent attendance record and ability to work under pressure. A minimum of 12 months post qualification work experience within NHS hospitals (in the last 2 years) and ability to provide 2 professional, clinical references.
If the above sounds like you, we have multiple and varied shifts covering full-time and part-time hours which cover both day, night and weekend work available throughout Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
This job is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975. As such it will be required for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB), to check for any previous criminal convictions that do not meet the previous offences filtering process.
Excellent pay rates: (depending on sector, shift, and grade)
We also offer:
- An app to update availability, Pickup shifts, and access your upcoming shifts
- Clinical and operations support 24/7
- Free mandatory training courses
- Revalidation support for Registered Nurses
- Frequent weekly payroll service
- Fast-track registration
- "Refer a Friend" scheme where you can earn cash rewards for referring your colleagues/friends
“Equality of opportunity is our policy, irrespective of age, disability, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation”
NLG Health is a leading UK healthcare agency.
We place health and social care professionals in NHS trusts and private sector organisations across the UK. With thousands of shifts being completed on a weekly basis.
For more information about working with NLG in this role (or any other), please contact us now and we’ll get back to you. And if this isn’t the right job or it’s not the right location for you, please do get in touch with us anyway as we have many other opportunities across the region.