Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse
Due to our rapid and exciting growth we are looking for Orthopaedic Scrub nurses to help fill hundreds of positions throughout Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. We have full-time block bookings available within reputable trusts and private hospitals, aswell as adhoc days for individuals seeking a top-up income to suit them.
Working in this pressured environment as part of a close-knit multidisciplinary team, you’ll know that this role requires high levels of focus and engagement. Our reputation depends on your ability to understand, anticipate and develop those intuitive partnerships that are so key.
NLG Health is a national framework approved staffing agency, we offer you the flexibility to choose the regularity of your shifts, whether you’re looking to work a couple of shifts a week alongside your permanent job or looking to work full-time hours. In return, you’ll be valued and respected for your professionalism and expertise, feeling fulfilled by the knowledge of a job well done. You’ll work on a varied caseload using technology, equipment and facilities which are state-of-the-art and maintained to our high standards.
Scrub duties will include:
- Competence across a range of perioperative skills supported by professional and clinical
- Knowledge acquired through state registration and further education and development.
- Possess the mandatory training requirements for role including infection control and health
- and safety competencies.
- Possess Equipment and Medical Devices Competences
- Continuing professional development.
- Trained on MS Office and other relevant packages
- Demonstrate principles of accountable practice
- Teaching skills
- Keeps abreast of developments in own specialism
- Professional assessment skills
- English language to IELTS 7.0
NLG is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client about this vacancy.
You will be a qualified Registered Nurse/ODP, to work as a Scrub Nurse in the NHS, you must be/have;
- Be registered on the appropriate part of the NMC/HCPC register for the type of work required to be performed;
- Have a Diploma in Registered General Nursing or City and Guilds Certificate 752 in anesthetics and surgery or an equivalent professional qualification as an operating theatre practitioner and experience of working in multi specialty, multidisciplinary teams;
- Scrub Experience
- Applying the knowledge and skills gained through a post registration qualification in a clinical specialism
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes
- Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
- Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards
- Evidence of applying continuous improvement to service
- You will also be caring, compassionate and have a commitment to helping people.
Successful candidates will currently be living in the UK, have effective communication skills, excellent attendance record and ability to work under pressure. A minimum of 12 months post qualification work experience within NHS hospitals (in the last 2 years) and ability to provide 2 professional references are essential.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions that do not meet the previous offences filtering process.
Excellent pay rates: (depending on sector, shift, and grade)
We also offer:
- An app to update availability, Pickup shifts, and access your upcoming shifts
- Clinical and operations support 24/7
- Free mandatory training courses
- Revalidation support for Registered Nurses
- Frequent weekly payroll service
- Fast-track registration
- "Refer a Friend" scheme where you can earn cash rewards for referring your colleagues/friends
“Equality of opportunity is our policy, irrespective of age, disability, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation”
NLG Health is a leading UK healthcare agency.
We place health and social care professionals in NHS trusts and private sector organisations across the UK. With thousands of shifts being completed on a weekly basis.
For more information about working with NLG in this role (or any other), please contact us now and we’ll get back to you. And if this isn’t the right job or it’s not the right location for you, please do get in touch with us anyway as we have many other opportunities across the region.