Due to an overwhelming demand from our clients, NLG are currently seeking to attract an experienced HCPC Registered Dietician (Paediatrics Band 6) in Derby.
Positions are available immediately on a long term ongoing basis.
NLG Health is a national framework approved staffing agency, we offer you the flexibility to choose the regularity of your shifts, whether you’re looking to work a couple of shifts a week alongside your permanent job or looking to work full-time hours. We also have other multiple and varied shifts covering full-time and part-time hours which include both days, night and weekend work available throughout the UK.
- Comprehensive , in depth knowledge and understanding of clinical nutrition and dietetics and evidence of the dietetic management of a wide range of complex clinical conditions
- Competent with treating eating disorders including an awareness of up to date eating disorder dietetic evidence base.
- Along with multidisciplinary team colleagues, provide specialist eating disorder assessments on individuals referred to the team, analysing nutritional intake
- Understand and apply a holistic patient centred care approach.
- To take responsibility for own caseload
- To maintain a high standard of clinical care within own professional practice and of the team as a whole.
- To ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required.
- This dietician job requires the practitioner to provide dietetic assessment, treatment and management to their own caseload of patients and to maintain up to date dietetic records. You will utilise evidence based principles and current best practice to assess, plan, implement and evaluate dietetic interventions. You will be caring, compassionate and have a commitment to helping people and have the ability to work as a fully integrated member of the team. Previous NHS experience in paediatrics is essential and paediatrics diabetes experience is desirable. Looking after children on milk free diets through clinics and telephone reviews, working with infants who are failing to thrive.
- Successful candidates will currently be living in the UK, have effective communication skills, excellent attendance record and ability to work under pressure. You will have a recognised nutrition and dietetics Degree or equivalent qualification and active HCPC registration A minimum of 12 months post qualification work experience within NHS hospitals (in the last 2 years) and ability to provide 2 professional, clinical references.
This job is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975. As such it will be required for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB), to check for any previous criminal convictions that do not meet the previous offences filtering process..
Excellent pay rates between: (depending on experience)
We also offer:
- An app to update availability, Pickup shifts, and access your upcoming shifts
- Operations support 24/7
- Free mandatory training courses
- Revalidation support
- Frequent weekly payroll service
- Fast-track registration
- "Refer a Friend" scheme where you can earn cash rewards for referring your colleagues/friends
“Equality of opportunity is our policy, irrespective of age, disability, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation”
NLG Health is a leading UK healthcare agency.
We place health and social care professionals in NHS trusts and private sector organisations across the UK. With thousands of shifts being completed on a weekly basis.