Healthcare Assistants (HCA) - Band 2
Due to our rapid and exciting growth we are looking for Healthcare Assistants (HCA) - Band 2 to help fill positions throughout East Midlands prison services.
Candidates must have full clearance to work within a prison setting.
NLG Health is a national framework approved staffing agency, we offer you the flexibility to choose the regularity of your shifts, whether you’re looking to work a couple of shifts a week alongside your permanent job or looking to work full-time hours.
Healthcare Assistant duties include:
- Assisting patients with personal hygiene
- General patient observations and other nursing related activities
- Moving and handling patients safely
- Handling personal possessions and documents
- Maintaining orderliness, hygiene and safety of the ward/ departmental/ patient environment
- Updating patient records, recording observations etc
- May undertake some clerical duties
- Assist qualified staff by carrying out routine personal care duties. Supervision / management will be available
- Update patient records, record observations, fluid balance
- Take and record blood pressure, temperature and respiration
NLG is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client about this vacancy.
In order to be considered for this position you must:
- Have 6 months experience within the last 2 years as a Healthcare Assistant (HCA)
- Must have full clearance to work within a prison setting
- Have eligibility to work within the UK
- Flexible and reliable
- Have excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel
You will require an NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care or equivalent be working towards NVQ level 2 or have a knowledge of and competence in personal care acquired through experience in NVQ level 2 equivalent studies.
You must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing (to understand and be understood) in English as well as possessing basic numeracy skills. You will be reliable and dependable and be able to respond flexibly and appropriately to the personal care needs of the patient.
You will provide effective personal care and support in a way which maintains the privacy, dignity and safety of the patient at all times. You must have the ability to treat patients with courtesy at all times, follow clear instructions and feedback to senior staff.
You must understand the need to report to manager changes to the care needs or condition of the patient.
This job is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975. As such it will be required for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB), to check for any previous criminal convictions that do not meet the previous offences filtering process.
Excellent pay rates: (depending on sector, shift, and grade)
We also offer:
- An app to update availability, Pickup shifts, and access your upcoming shifts
- Clinical and operations support 24/7
- Free mandatory training courses
- Revalidation support for Registered Nurses
- Frequent weekly payroll service
- Fast-track registration
- "Refer a Friend" scheme where you can earn cash rewards for referring your colleagues/friends
“Equality of opportunity is our policy, irrespective of age, disability, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation”
NLG Health is a leading UK healthcare agency.
We place health and social care professionals in NHS trusts and private sector organisations across the UK. With thousands of shifts being completed on a weekly basis.
For more information about working with NLG in this role (or any other), please contact us now and we’ll get back to you. And if this isn’t the right job or it’s not the right location for you, please do get in touch with us anyway as we have many other opportunities across the region.